Soffits & Eave Boards
Soffits & Eave Boards, formed as a ceiling. In popular use, soffits most often refers to the materials forming a ceiling from the top of an exterior house wall to the outer edge of the roof; i.e, bridging the gap between a home’s siding and the roofline, otherwise known as the eaves. When so constructed, the soffit material is typically screwed or nailed to rafters known as lookout rafters or lookouts for short.
Examples of soffits & eave boards include:
- The underside of an arch or architrave.
- The underside of a flight of stairs, under the classical entablature.
- The underside of a projecting cornice, or side of chimney.
- The underside of a ceiling to fill the space above the kitchen cabinets, at the corner of the ceiling and wall.
- The exposed under surface of any exterior overhanging section of a roof eave.
Along with our gutter installation service in Cape Town and surrounding areas, we specialize in soffits & eave boards repairs and installation. Contact us for more information.